Happy Shrove Tuesday (Pancake Day) everybody! I’m on a 5 day vegan challenge this week and didn’t want to miss out on the pancake glory so had a crack at modifying my traditional pancake recipe to be lactose free/vegan friendly. They are absolutely delicious and super filling.
Time: 10 mins (Prep) 15 mins (Cooking)
1 cup flour
1 tsp bi-carb soda
1/3 cup raw sugar
1 cup almond milk (or any non dairy milk)
1 1/2 tbs oil (canola/sunflower/coconut) + extra to grease pan
1 tsp vanilla essence
Maple syrup (to serve)
1) Preheat pan on stove to medium heat
2) Sift flour and bi-carb together
3) Add sugar, oil and vanilla and mix roughly
4) Add milk and stir until smooth – should still be thick but runs off spoon
5) Spray pan with cooking spray or grease with a little oil
6) Ladle the pancake mix onto hot pan and wait for bubbles before flipping.
7) Serve with maple syrup and fresh fruits, nut butter, sugar and lemon or other vegan toppings. 😀